Pure Energy homepage
Phone: 01302 802090 Email: info@pure-energy.co.uk
Pure Energy homepage
Energy Efficiency Rating


Energy Performance Certificate
Play your part in reducing the UK carbon footprint.

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

Since 2007 in the Uk there has been a requirement for every property that is newly constructed, rented or sold must have an Energy Performance Certificate, known as an EPC.

There are some exceptions, such as places of worship, offices & shops, listed buildings or places that are occupied for less than 4 months per year, but the majority of buildings do require an EPC.

If you are thinking of buying a property then you can see if it already has a certificate on the national database register at www.epcregister.com and this will tell you how energy efficient the property is.

If you require an EPC for your property then you will require the services of an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA). We can provide this for you at a competitive price.

What does an EPC consist of?

The EPC assessor will visit the property and examine many things that effect the energy efficiency, including:

  • loft insulation
  • cavity wall insulation
  • boiler
  • water tank
  • radiators
  • windows

A computer program will then work out the overall energy efficiency rating of the property, and will give an indication of the achievable rating if recommended improvements are made. For example, if you have an old boiler and thin loft insulation then replacing these will increase your rating to the next band.

The EPC rating of the property will be A to G, with A being the highest (most effiecient) band. The higher your rating, the lower your fuel bills should be, and this will mean a lower impact on the environment with less effective carbon emmissions.

Once produced, and Energy Performance Certificate will be valid for a period of 10 years.



Microgeneration Approved Contracter
MCS approved
MCS approved
Copyright © 2013. Pure Energy. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions


The information on this website is for the use of residents of the United Kingdom only. No representations are made as to whether the information is applicable or available in any other country which may have access to it.